SDFA Fall Conference and Membership Meeting - 2023 (4th Annual)
Friday, September 29, 2023 5:00 PM - Sunday, October 1, 2023 11:00 AM (CDT)
We would expect Vendor/Exhibitor/Sponsor registration to open mid June so we can have all advertising in place prior to opening registration to our attendees in early July
South Dakota Firefighters Association (SDFA) Fall Conference and Membership Meeting
Links to download SDFA Membership Meeting Agenda and Conference Booklet below
Join us for the Annual Fall Firefighters Conference. Connect with firefighters from across the State for some networking, training & professional development as well as SDFA Membership Meetings. We have some great presenters lined up. Hope to see you there!
Some of this years presenters:
- Jeff Dill - Jeff Dill is a retired firefighter of a rural fire district in Illinois, and licensed counselor specializing in directly educating firefighters & EMS personnel and their families about behavioral health issues. Jeff was the founder of Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance (FBHA). Jeff travels the U.S. holding workshops to educate firefighters, dispatchers & EMS about behavioral health awareness and suicide prevention. His message offers hope and inspires all to enjoy life by understanding their own behavioral health. Jeff was a session speaker at the Wildland Symposium in March at Rapid City. He comes highly recommended by the National Volunteer Fire Council, Nebraska Firefighters Association and other emergency response agencies across the country.
- An Internal Size-Up - An in-depth FF/EMT behavioral health workshop dedicated to educating attendees on the awareness of stress, anxiety, PTSD, addictions, depression, anger and addressed suicide and retirement.
- Saying Goodbye: An Emotional Detachment -This course is designed to prepare fire and EMS personnel about the emotional aspects of retirement. This includes loss of identity, loss of belonging and lack of purpose.
- South Dakota Wildland Fire
- Updates on programs and resources available from South Dakota Wildland Fire
- More to be announced
EXHIBITORS/VENDORS: For information on Sponsorship opportunities, exhibitor space at the event, etc... please contact us and we'll send you a link for Vendor/Exhibitor/Sponsor Specific Registration Page. SCDir@sdfirefighters.org
SDFA Conference Friday Evening Social Event
SDFA Conference Breaktime Beverages & Snacks
SDFA Conference Exhibitor
SDFA Event - Venue/Facility/Community Partner
SDFA Partner Sponsorship
Standard registration cost is $50 with a $15 discount given to attendees that belong to a Department/Agency with a 100% Department Membership or Individuals with and Individual SDFA Membership.
Vendors/Exhibitors - 2 STAFF Attendees Included at no charge with your Vendor/Exhibitor Table Purchase.
Sponsorships DO NOT include any complimentary Attendees
Early Registration Discount of $10 will be applied to any attendee registration completed by August 31st
312 ISLAND DR
FORT PIERRE, SD 57532 United States
Pierre - Fort Pierre Are Hotel Listing
All event times are posted in CENTRAL TIME
Also don't forget the DOT (Dear Old Timers) and Conference Social that will be held immediately following the Conference activities Saturday late afternoon, EVERYONE is welcome to attend! This is a combined DOT and Conference Social Event. Even if you're not attending the conference but would like to stop in and attend DOT/Conference Social we would love to have you! You can register for the DOT Social Event Here.
The Annual LODD SD Fallen Firefighter Memorial Service will follow the conference @ 2:00pm on Sunday - Event information for the Memorial Service can be found here - EVENT LINK FOR Annual SDFA LODD Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service
SDFA Board Meeting