The South Dakota Fire Chiefs Association offers a $1,000 scholarship to assist with higher education. Any member in good standing may sponsor an application.
If the Fire Chief or the Fire Department is not a member in good standing with the South Dakota Fire Chief’s Association, or the application is incomplete, the application will not be considered!
Application must be received by June 1st
- A Son or Daughter of any member (living, deceased or retired) of a Fire Department in South Dakota or an active member of a Junior/Explorer/Cadet Fire Program in South Dakota.
- A high school senior or student entering their first semester of college.
- The applicant must be sponsored by a fire department whose Chief Officer is a member in good standing of the South Dakota Fire Chief’s Association.
- The scholarship may be used at any University, College or Post-Secondary Institution (Vo-Tech.) Preference will be given to those who are obtaining a Fire Science or Emergency Service degree.
- Applications must be received by June 1st, and no later. Applications must contain ALL additional requirements noted below to be complete.
- Transcript of grades (up to first semester if a senior)
- A letter of recommendation from each of the following; two teachers and a business person.
- List of clubs-school/community activities and awards.
- A 1,000 (minimum) word essay detailing educational goals and describing the affect that the fire service has had on their life.
Oops. This form is no longer accepting responses
We're sorry but this form/survey is no longer accepting responses. If you have questions or believe this is an error, please contact us.
South Dakota Firefighters Association
PO BOX 1884, RAPID CITY, SDinfo@sdfirefighters.org